REGINE CHANGE HOMECHOICE pro

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

malch

REGINE CHANGE HOMECHOICE pro

Post by malch »

hi my partner is in end stage renal failure. the APD is working very well so they have allowed her to have weekends off which is great. she absorbs a lot of the fluids. this is not good as she has type one diabetes. so they have arranged for a new regime of fluids. instead of 12 lt per night she is going down to 9 lt per night. I asked the renal nurses if the machine needs to be set up differently via the memory card they didn't know but have said to try it anyway. this I'm not happy to do as I don't want the machine to keep drawing with no fluids left inside and the associated pains involved. has anyone had any experience of this.
wagolynn

Re: REGINE CHANGE HOMECHOICE pro

Post by wagolynn »

Hi malch,
I would think the machine measures the amount going in and looks for the same amount out, I am not sure how the machines deals with any fluid contributed by the patient.

A call to the supplier of the machine and consumables will sort it out for you, I am pretty sure they will do a, 24hr/day, 7days a week service.

I hope that helps, until someone who is actually using APD reads your post and responds.
malch

Post by malch »

thanks Wagolynn,
yes Baxters has a help line with a UK number then someone calls you back from the USA. the Nurses at our local renal unit are lovely to speak to however they do not seem to have the expertise on these machines. an error has been occurring on the machine for a couple of months saying memory card error. after a chat with the states they said the card was full and needed downloading and then the information deleting from the card. spoke to the renal unit and they said they didn't think they ever needed downloading and deleting sigh!
I think for tonight I will refill her manually then hook her up to the machine on the old regime, them make another call tomorrow.
wagolynn

Post by wagolynn »

Hi malch,
I hope that worked OK last night.

It's worth a try, asking the help line if you can down load the card onto your computer, and/or simply delete it. If the nurses don't know about it they are obviously not using the information, which is a shame really. I am on HD, and I find the staff know enough to make the machines work but that's all.

Good luck.
SKM23435

Post by SKM23435 »

The girls at BREC - Baxter renal education centre - are good too. There is always someone ther from 7-7 Monday - Friday.
You can google their details and I'm sure they would help if you gave them a call.
Started APD July 2014
On transplant and paired exchange lists.
Transplant 9/5/15