Urgency to urinate

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

realsis

Urgency to urinate

Post by realsis »

Hi friends. it's been a bit since my kidney function had Ben tested because I'm in the process of finding and getting referred to a new kidney doctor. my last test my function was 29%. well I've been experiencing some new symptoms and wonder if any of you have experienced the same or if they are even kidney related at all. first my background is stage 4 kidney disease. anyway, I have started feeling a extreme urgency to pee. then when I go it's difficult for it to come. I like have to sit there a few minutes then I will go a lot. At night I now wake up every hour to urinate. I check the clock so I'm certain it's every hour . also my urine is slightly foamy. since I'm not sleeping right I'm so tired. I wanted to know if those symptoms were familiar to any of you?? :?:
JMan
Location: Lives in a slightly weird bit of Shropshire called Telford!

Re: Urgency to urinate

Post by JMan »

I would certainly bring this up at your next clinic appointment. Do they know what the cause is of your reduced kidney function.

Hope you find some answers?
"Dialysis! What is this? The dark ages!"
L. 'Bones' McCoy, ST"
Read my blog:)
Live to Fly
http://www.flickr.com/cybercast
bigbuzzard

Post by bigbuzzard »

Hello

Those symptoms are exactly what I was experiencing before taking myself to a GP and getting investigated. In my case, it was all part of getting close to having very low kidney function (I wasn't already being monitored). I'd recommend getting checked out as quickly as possible. If you don't have a GP I'd suggest getting to the Emergency dept of a hospital with a renal department, explaining your history, and getting them to check your creatinine level. I believe there are other things that could have these symptoms too.
wagolynn

Post by wagolynn »

Hi realsis,
I think you should go to your GP with this problem, there are many reasons why you are having this trouble.
It sounds as though some bladder control exercises would be helpful. Many hospitals have a bladder retraining program available, access via the GP.

Sleeping is bad enough with kidney failure, so it's worth seeing if you can get it fixed.

Good luck.