My symptons

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Notso

My symptons

Post by Notso »

About once a month I suffer from terrible nausea and extreme fatigue as well as headaches sometimes.

Looking at my bloods, the following are high

Creatinine
Urea

and the following are low

Haemoglobin
Red Cell Count
Haematocrit

I don't supposed it matters much but I am wondering which one causes this problem, I guess being anaemic would cause the fatigue but what about the nausea? Any ideas anyone?
JMan
Location: Lives in a slightly weird bit of Shropshire called Telford!

Re: My symptons

Post by JMan »

From the NHS site:

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Anaemia-ir ... ptoms.aspx

While it may not be common, I definitely feel 'off my food' and a bit nauseous if I'm anaemic

Hi levels of urea or creatinine may contribute to nausea.
"Dialysis! What is this? The dark ages!"
L. 'Bones' McCoy, ST"
Read my blog:)
Live to Fly
http://www.flickr.com/cybercast
wagolynn

Re: My symptons

Post by wagolynn »

Notso wrote:About once a month I suffer from terrible nausea and extreme fatigue as well as headaches sometimes.

Looking at my bloods, the following are high

Creatinine
Urea

and the following are low

Haemoglobin
Red Cell Count
Haematocrit

I don't supposed it matters much but I am wondering which one causes this problem, I guess being anaemic would cause the fatigue but what about the nausea? Any ideas anyone?
I would say these are 'normal' symptoms for kidney failure.

I think it would be best to discus them with your Consultant or GP.

Good luck.