Incisional Hernia FAO Grey

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

MandyA

Incisional Hernia FAO Grey

Post by MandyA »

Hi there,

I posted recently about my swollen abdomen on one of your threads, Grey, but can't find that thread right now.

It turns out that this is caused by an incisional hernia.... apparently, after the transplant surgery, the layer of muscle over my new kidney is very thin, and not being used much. When I stand up, all of my abdominal organs are pushing down and pressing the transplant kidney out.

I am now waiting for a CT scan, after which the surgeons will decide whether to leave it alone, or whether the transplant surgeons will operate, or a different set of surgeons will operate.

Just thought I'd let you know, as you may have the same issue due to your big ADPKD kidney.

Regards,
Mandy
Grey

Re: Incisional Hernia FAO Grey

Post by Grey »

Mandy, Thanks for that feedback. Interesting please keep me informed as to what happens and I will ask my lot on my next visit what they think about my swelling and let you know. Thanks
After a long time of waiting an anonymous donor has arrived in my life.
Words cannot express my gratitude to this lady and my paired exchange wife donor making it all possible
transplant 19th June 2015...Going very well mind you 2 years later