Things just get worse.

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

ballance91

Things just get worse.

Post by ballance91 »

Things really suck at the moment, I'm 23 and crash landed with renal failure 1 week after finding out i have it they put a tunnel line in 2 weeks later i had my pd catheter put in, i slowly started getting my head around all of this and was getting back to my old self, my daughter has just turned 1 and we had a great day, then the bomb shell my ex girlfriend decided to stop me from seeing my little girl she was the only person keeping me going through all of this and now she has been taken away from me. I don't even know why she has done it. To top it all off i might be loseing my job as i work with challenging behaviour, it is all to much for me to deal with and I'm really depressed so much so i was stood the wrong side of a bridge a few nights ago, I've now been admitted to hospital and awaiting a psychiatrist review. Please note that i have only posted this to see if it would make me feel any differently.
Grey

Re: Things just get worse.

Post by Grey »

Well all I can say this this is not the first time someone has felt like you do. The problem is that you are very young and lack the insight to how things can work out in the long run in life. You may think all is lost, but actually there is everything to live for. Back in the 60's I had a friend who thought things were so bad he tried to end it all. Luckily for him he did not succeed and I helped save him. Today some 40 years later he is a happily married man with grandchildren and I can assure you he thanks his lucky stars he did not succeed back then when his vision was so badly clouded he could not see beyond today and see the decades of happy life he then experienced. Bottom line is everything is not as bad as you think, and in years to come you will look back and realise your thoughts were just the product of inexperience and youth. The truth is there is only one person who can help you, and that is you. Rise above it all and give it your best shot, and you will be surprised how well things actually turn out. It's down to you young man and I am sure you have it in you. Good luck.
After a long time of waiting an anonymous donor has arrived in my life.
Words cannot express my gratitude to this lady and my paired exchange wife donor making it all possible
transplant 19th June 2015...Going very well mind you 2 years later
wagolynn

Re: Things just get worse.

Post by wagolynn »

Well said Gray..

Best wishes ballance91. The clue is in your first sentence, "Things really suck at the moment".