PUJ SURGERY - scared :(

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Sophie1231

PUJ SURGERY - scared :(

Post by Sophie1231 »

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum! I'm 24 and have had the classic PUJ symptoms for around a year or more now, I've had various tests and got told yesterday I have a PUJ on my right side as expected. My kidney function on the left is 77% and on my right 23% so I was a little shocked. Anyway, I am going to have to have a laparoscopic Pyloplasy (if that's how you spell it) has anyone else on here had this done? Obviously I can't wait to feel better again and enjoy my life as I should be but I'm really worried about the op :( is this op usually sucsesful? My urologist said a hospital stay of 3/4 days and recovery of about 2 weeks but I've seen different online. Also, will my kidney function increase after this or is there no way to make it better? Sorry for all the questions.

Thank you

Sophie :)
wagolynn

Re: PUJ SURGERY - scared :(

Post by wagolynn »

Hi Sophie1231,
I have not had the treatment you refer to but perhaps this will help you sort it out in your mind. http://www.windsorurology.co.uk/clinica ... ction.aspx

Everyone has a bit of a worry before a new treatment but eventually we realise that the medical team will be doing there best for us. In most cases the treatment turns out to be, simple, and pain free, or any pain is manageable, to the point where we begin to wonder what all the fuss was about.

Feel free to come back and tell me I was wrong/right.

Best wishes.