Pregnancy after Anderson Hynes pyeloplasty

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

yogiana

Pregnancy after Anderson Hynes pyeloplasty

Post by yogiana »

Dear friends,

Does anybody have experience of pregnancy after sucessful pyeloplasty due to congenital PUJ obstruction?

My story:
At the and of my 1st pregnancy I developed hydronephrosis in my left kidney due to congenital puj obstruction that was unsymptomatic till then. I had never had urinary infection. I was in terrible pain and I was induced because of it in 37th week, my baby was ok. Kidney scan revealed that separate function was 20:80 and I had laparoscopic pyeloplasty 5 months later it was successful. Now It has been 2 years after the operation and think about having another baby.

My question:
I am worried what effect would pregnancy have on the poor kidney that functions well now under normal conditions, but with the prehnancy related fluid overload?

Did anyone had similar experience?

I asked a few doctors (urologists), they are not worried. But I am. I read on some of the posts that in similar case the pregnancy was not advised and that it would be ok if the person had only one kidney, but not with one normal and another with low function, like mine.

Thank you in advance for your answers!