Gratitude after donation of kidney

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

SKM23435

Re: Gratitude after donation of kidney

Post by SKM23435 »

Tom,

Your post made Me sad and embarrassed.

I'm so sorry you feel your efforts were unappreciated. To me (and many others on this forum) altruistic donors like yourself are true heros. I would like to whole heartedly and unreservably thank you on behalf of the entire renal community. All donors are to be thanked and celebrated.

On behalf of your recipient all I can say is it's early days and it is possible they are having problems or not feeling great. Receiving a transplant is an overwhelming experience and as you see from the discussion above we all feel eternally grateful but no one is sure when is the best time to say Thank You.

I hope you have recovered from your operation.
Best wishes for the New Year.

Thank you
Sue
Started APD July 2014
On transplant and paired exchange lists.
Transplant 9/5/15