Road to transplant......we hope....

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Grey

Re: Road to transplant......we hope....

Post by Grey »

This is a good outcome, transplant aside, his problem has been caught much sooner than it might otherwise have been found, so help him see the blessing in that. Help him understand that you like all the rest of us will eventually get a transplant but now because they have caught his problem early all things being equal, he will be around with you to see you have your transplant when it comes and both of you live a long happy life together. Who knows what might have happened if they had not found his problem so soon. Good luck to both of you, it's a hard world and we all need each others support to get through tests like this.
After a long time of waiting an anonymous donor has arrived in my life.
Words cannot express my gratitude to this lady and my paired exchange wife donor making it all possible
transplant 19th June 2015...Going very well mind you 2 years later
AmandaClare

Post by AmandaClare »

Sorry to hear this Dixie. You must both be reeling at this sudden unexpected turn. X
Alports Syndrome
Dialysis 1986, aged 14
Transplant 1988, still going strong!
Baby boy 2010
sporti

Post by sporti »

Life's a bitch sometimes. So sorry to read this news. At the very least it has been found early rather than later. Thinking of you both xx
Dixie1

Post by Dixie1 »

Thanks for your kind comments everyone. Just to bring you up to speed, my husband attended the follow up to his biopsy this week. Apparently the tumour, although malignant, is small and shows no sign of spread. He is going to have a partial nephrectomy in the next few weeks. Apparently they are going to use the Da Vinci robot!!!? :shock: If all goes according to plan, hopefully he will only need the surgery and no further treatment eg chemo or radiotherapy etc. They will then see him regularly in clinic and, if there is no re occurrence, he could be signed off as cured after 5 years. So, all in all, a fairly positive prognosis.
AmandaClare

Post by AmandaClare »

Sounds quite reassuring. Someone else I know had a similar chance finding (a scan after an awkward caesarian in her case) and treatment plan. It's too soon to say she's cured but she's had no problems since.
Alports Syndrome
Dialysis 1986, aged 14
Transplant 1988, still going strong!
Baby boy 2010