Possible birth defect?

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

StephenPeachey

Possible birth defect?

Post by StephenPeachey »

Hi Everyone

Just wondering, I asked my mum and I was a difficult birth two months before I was born my mum was hospitalised due to toxaemia. I was born and was an ill child got diagnosed with tonsillitis (aged 5) then during the operation my blood pressure was sky high and my mum was told I would have died within the year from a massive stroke. just thinking maybe kidney researchers etc. would want to look at certain factors etc. for research purposes but maybe that's just me. I'm sure theres genetic factors for instance I have mortons toe. I just want to ask these questions maybe I'm bonkers but I'm sure there's certain problems and causal links.