Efudix cream and Actinic Keratoses after transplant

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

lizzyie

Efudix cream and Actinic Keratoses after transplant

Post by lizzyie »

Not sure if any of you can help me or give some advice but after 20 years on immune suppressants I have developed AK which can lead to skin cancer if not treated. I have been prescribed Efudix cream which is a form of chemotherapy, after reading about the side effects though I feel unsure if it is the best treatment - open wounds and infection would not be good! It seems quite harsh on the skin.
I know there are other treatments for this condition such as freezing and light treatment......have any of you suffered with AK? and if so how was it treated and did you experience any problems?
Lizzie