An Update from Jooles

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

jooles

Re: An Update from Jooles

Post by jooles »

Hey Sporti, that's awful. What week are you now? I'm week 14 - Prednisolone reduced now to 10mg but still on 10mg of Tacro (Advograf) and 500mg x twice daily of MMF (Cellcept). Did you have symptoms of diabetes? I hope it all reverts, as Grey says. I need tips from Tibbs about weight-loss! (never thought I'd say that!)
Been a measly size 6 and 5ft 10" for so long now, but it's amazing to feel like eating and enjoy cooking too! My consultant says swimming and gym are fine as long as I don't exercise stomach muscles, so I'm doing one or other every day. Not sure what will happen to the routine once I start work again on Monday.
Cathy, good to hear from you - and particularly about things getting easier once meds settle.
Grey, good to hear all is well with you, apart from the agitation. Also good to hear you have London trip planned. We just bought a second-hand caravan today for weekend walking trips away. I couldn't help but consider where I'd put the cycler should I need it again .....Still can't quite believe that I was so lucky. Been given info leaflet on writing to donor's family .... not sure how I'm going to stop myself writing a book....!
Hope everyone is having a good Saturday - and if not, that you feel positive and hopeful about what Sunday may bring!
Jooles
FSGS
Born 1966
APD Sept 2103 - March 2015
DCD Transplant QA Portsmouth 19th March 2015
jooles

Re: An Update from Jooles

Post by jooles »

Good luck to everyone doing London Bridges Walk today!
FSGS
Born 1966
APD Sept 2103 - March 2015
DCD Transplant QA Portsmouth 19th March 2015