Hello

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

chrissifleet

Hello

Post by chrissifleet »

:D I had a kidney removed 18 months ago and by jingo I have got a UPJ blockage in the left kidney now. I was given the choice of having continuo ups stents put in on a six monthly basis but that is not a cure. I have opted to have open surgery at the end of February to which is a pyleoplasty redo? I have been told the recovery period is 2-3 months. My questions are is this a realistic timescale, how long could I be in Hospital for? My kidney function is down to low 30's can I e pest further problems. As I get older. I am 54. Apparently I have had this since birth so came as a big shock and then an even bigger shock to get it in both kidneys. Any help gratefully received