Walk for Hope - Hatfield House - 2nd October 2005

This is the forum for the Kidney Patient Guide. We welcome feedback about the site and any information that may be of use or interest to other visitors.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This forum is not for queries that would otherwise be addressed to a doctor. If you have a question about your condition or treatment please consult your renal unit or doctor. We do not have any editorial or medical resources to answer individual queries.

Moderator: administrator

Elizabeth Wright

Walk for Hope - Hatfield House - 2nd October 2005

Post by Elizabeth Wright »

I am trying to reach as many kidney patients as possible so I hope you do not object to my message.

Walk for Hope – 2nd October 2005 – Hatfield House

Help us to raise awareness of kidney disease and organ donation by taking part in the Walk for Hope in the grounds of Hatfield House, on Sunday 2nd October 2005.

There are two routes starting and finishing at the house. Walkers will have a choice of a 3.5-mile family route and a more challenging 6-mile route, which takes in the peace and tranquillity of the 42-acre park.

The registration fee is £5.00 per walker, and although there is no minimum sponsorship, we encourage walkers to raise as much sponsorship as they can. Proceeds will be used to further the work of The National Kidney Research Fund and help improve the lives of people living with kidney disease. At present there are 2.5 million people in the UK with chronic kidney disease.

Community Fundraising Manager, Elizabeth Wright, says, “We are delighted that the Marquess of Salisbury has granted the Fund permission to hold the walk in the grounds of this beautiful house. We hope that people will take advantage of this unique opportunity to visit and raise money for a worthy cause.â€